Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in the Nov-Dec 2006 WW magazine. Points are 5 for 1/2 cup linguine with 2/3 cup shrimp and lobster sauce
- 1⁄2 lb fresh linguine
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb lobster meat, cooked, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt if desired. Drain and transfer to serving bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook just until opaque in the center. (1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side)Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in the same pan and add the lobster pieces, stirring frequently until just heated through. Transfer to the plate with the shrimp.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, thyme and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste and cook until slightly thickened.
- Return shrimp and lobster to the skillet and cook stirring frequently tunil heated through.
- Serve at once over linguine.
Substituted a TBS of ketchup( no high fructose )for the tomato paste as it is easier to keep on hand and I think I'll cut down on the heat next time. Also added some fine chopped sauted onion .