Recipe by joshuainboden
Please ignore the dietary information on this. It is not calculating correctly. Do your own calculations and it should come out to about 4pts per piece. If you haven't tried a Jello cake you are missing out. This recipe varies by cutting back on the calories and fat by substituting diet soda and applesauce in place of oil, eggs and water.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box cake mix (any flavor, yellow and white is best)
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free jello (any flavor, strawberry is always good)
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet soda (diet cream soda is great for this)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 8 ounces fat-free whipped topping (typically half of the container)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix with diet soda and applesauce, mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into desired pan (I use 13x9).
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until done.
- Cool cake and then poke holes in cake with knife or fork approximately one inch apart.
- Prepare jello as directed (typically this uses 2 cups of water, 1 boiling 1 cold).
- Pour jello over cake evenly.
- Place cake in refrigerator for 1-2 hours until cooled.
- Frost with cool-whip and enjoy!