Recipe by xpnsve
From the WW website, posted here for my 'zaar buddies. The following are variations that can be added to the soup with the accompanying POINTS: 1 ½ Tbsp grated parmesan cheese, POINTS value: 1 2 oz cooked chicken sausage, POINTS value: 3 2 Tbsp cooked chickpeas, POINTS value: ½ 2 Tbsp cooked orzo, POINTS value: ½ 2 small, store-bought turkey meatballs, POINTS value: 2
Top Review by Athena B.
I put practically every veggie I had in the fridge in this soup. Mushrooms, califlower, leeks - in addition to the veggies listed. YUMMY! So satisfying, and I cannot believe it is ZERO points. I garnished my bowl with a Tbsp of freshly grated parmesan (1 point) and it was absolutely perfect. I'll be making this again!
- 473.18 ml escarole, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml Baby Spinach
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 473.18 ml fennel bulbs, thinly sliced (one bulb)
- 1419.54 ml vegetable broth
- 793.78 g canned diced tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put escarole, garlic, onions, spinach, zucchini, red pepper, fennel bulb, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, thyme and oregano into a large soup pot; stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, black pepper, parsley and basil. Serve.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup.