Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
got this from a weight watchers newsletter. it is worth 5 points
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 spray(s) olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 cup basil, fresh, leaves
- 4 reduced-calorie hamburger rolls
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, onion, garlic, fennel seed, salt and pepper; form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Coat burgers and inside of rolls with cooking spray.
- Grill burgers for 5 minutes; flip burgers and add rolls to grill. Grill open-face rolls until lightly charred, about 1 to 2 minutes; remove to serving plates. Grill burgers until cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- To serve, top grilled rolls with burgers and tomato slices; garnish with basil. Yields 1 burger per serving.