Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a recipe that was printed in a WW coupon flier that I got. Only 5 points.
Make and share this Weight Watchers Hot Tuna Melt on English Muffin recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat broiler or toaster oven to high.
- Combine tuna, celery, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop equal parts tuna mixture onto each muffin half.
- Sprinkle equal amounts cheese over each tuna-topped muffin.
- Place both halves in broiler or toaster oven and heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes, watching carefully so they do not burn.
- Remove promptly from heat.
This was good. I will make again. I used the imitation crab instead of tuna and made it into a hot melt as the recipe stated. The next day I tried it cold in my salad and liked it much better, it had enough creaminess in the mixture that I didn't even have to use extra salad dressing.
I thought that this was just ok. I just started on weight watchers so I'm getting used to trying new things. But of couse I did do a boo boo. I accidently used tablespoons instead of teaspoons of the lemon juice. Thank goodness that I at least like lemon juice. I bet it will be better next time if I used less LJ.
Really enjoyed these! Substituted crab for the tuna, just for fun, and it was excellent! Tripled, but used slightly less cream cheese, and put a very thin spread of cream cheese on the muffin. Thanks for something fun and different!