Recipe by senseicheryl
I found this recipe in the July/August 2008 issue of Weight Watchers Magazine. Points value = 3 for 2/3 cup of the egg salad and 2 lettuce leaves. This is also a CORE recipe if you are following that plan. NOTE GOOD IDEA: Spread 2/3 cup salad over 1 slice of whole-wheat bread for 1 point. Make sure if you are following the CORE plan, that you deduct that 1 point from your weekly points allowance.
- 14 ounces reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 large boston lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the tofu on a clean kitchen towel.
- Roll up the towel and twist to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Mash the eggs with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add the tofu, celery, carrot, red onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper sauce and mix well.
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Place 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates and top each with one fourth of the egg mixture.