Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe in the July/August 2008 issue of Weight Watchers magazine. 1 banana split = 5 points
- 1 tablespoon sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 tablespoon salted macadamia nut, chopped (or you can use Whole Roasted almonds)
- 4 slices fresh pineapple (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 bananas, halved lengthwise (firm, ripe, with the peel still on)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free caramel topping or 1⁄4 cup fat-free butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 1⁄3 cups non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Combine the coconut and nuts in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle the pineapple and the cut sides of the bananas with the brown sugar.
- Place the pineapple and bananas, cut side down, on the grill rack and grill until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, heat the ice cream topping according to package directions.
- Peel the bananas and cut each piece in half crosswise.
- Coarsely chop the pineapple.
- Arrange 2 banana pieces on each of 4 dessert dishes.
- Top each with 1/3 cup of the frozen yogurt, 1/2 cup of the pineapple, 1/4 cup of the raspberries, 1 tablespoon of the ice cream topping and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the coconut mixture.
- Serve at once.