Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe at Weight Watchers back in 2008. It is a comfort type food - quite filling and very good. Cannot tell it is made with ground turkey. It is basically a one dish meal. My husband also likes it. It makes quite a bit and serves 4 at 8 points each. I cook it in my Pampered Chef round stone baking dish and cut into 4 servings. It really could feed 6 people if you serve it with a salad and a slice of bread. Your points would then be around 6 instead of 8. I have not run this through the WW points calculator.
- 1 lb shredded hash brown potatoes (Simply Potatoes)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 lb california-blend frozen vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli and carrots)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Healthy Request)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 ounces cheese (2% Mexican cheese blend)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- Spray medium size casserole dish and set aside. Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown hashbrowns until very crispy on both sides. (Use cooking spray - I spray the pan and add the hashbrowns and prior to flipping - I spray the top of the hashbrowns.)
- Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, cook turkey, onion and celery until turkey is done and vegies are tender. Add the mushrooms and frozen vegies and cook for about 8-10 minutes (until vegies are tender). If any liquid develops, pour it out.
- Pour soup and beef bouillon into the turkey/vegie mixture, stir and cook on medium heat until heated through.
- Put the cooked (crispy) hashbrowns in the bottom of the casserole dish (sprayed). Pour the turkey/vegi/soup mixture over the hashbrowns and spread evenly. Add the cheese on top and cook in oven until cheese is melted and dish is heated throughout - 15 minutes or so.
- I will admit that I usually will add more cheese but I will count it in my points.