Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
6 weight watcher's points a serving
Make and share this Weight Watcher's Grilled Gruyere and Caramelized Onion Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 3 sprays cooking spray
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices reduced-calorie wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add onions; reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until tender and golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove onions to a plate.
- Lay 2 slices of bread on a work surface; spread each with 1 teaspoon mustard. Top each with half of the cheese and onions; cover each with a second piece of bread.
- Wipe skillet clean; heat over medium-low heat. Coat sandwiches with cooking spray. Cook until bottoms are browned, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip sandwiches over and cook until browned on other side and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more. Slice each sandwich in half and serve. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.