Recipe by longleggedfly
The most delicious soup! I'm not on WW but this is my favourite soup, my boyfriend (who is on weight watchers) adores it as he can eat 3 serves, till he is absolutely stuffed, and have used only 1 1/2 - 2 points for dinner! So tasty. One you have to try to believe it! We found it in the "Simply the Best" cookbook compiled by WW lecturers. Don't be afraid of using the fish sauce and to the quantities described, you will be very pleasantly surprised if you have not cooked with fish sauce before ;) And yes it is meant to smell like that :D Rather than dice all of the vegetables, I use the largest grating function of our food processor and this really cuts down prep time. I do dice the potato however as this is nice in the larger pieces with the zucchini slices. I also use dried coriander and therefore less than this recipe and sometimes leave it out altogether.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 200 g potatoes, diced
- 3 cups zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1/4 cup water to the boil in a saucepan. Add onions, potatoes, zucchinis, carrots and curry paste and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add boiling water, skim milk, stock cubes, fish sauce, salt, pepper and chopped coriander. Cover and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove 2 cups of vegetables and set aside. Puree remaining soup until smooth. Return cooked vegetables to soup. Reheat if necessary.