Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was originally a WW recipe 20 years ago or so. It is so delicious anyone would truly love it.
- Saute first 3 ingredients.
- Add next 6 ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour a little sauce in a 9 X 13 dish and top with the noodles.
- Cover noodles with remaining sauce and top off with the cheese.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When I figured out points for it, it came to 6 points per serving. Double check of course.
I've been using this recipe for years, but have some changes that I think make it great. Don't use noodles, use spiral pasta, instead of tomato puree I use a good canned or bottled pasta sauce and for the cheese I use mozzarella and also a sprinkle or two of parmesan. If you can't do the ground turkey use extra lean ground beef. Also I add some oregano, basil and garlic powder. Everybody refers to this as lasagna type thing.
Very good "healthy" comfort food. I did use the no yolk egg noodles, used no butter, and added minced garlic, Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper as others have stated. I also added a splash of worcestershire and used 2% cheese. When I do recipe builder with these changes and the recipe, it comes up to 5 points for 8 serving or 7 points for 6 servings.
I made it ahead and baked it about 4 hours later. I think I would cook the pasts first next time.