Recipe by JackieMarie
This recipe was originally a WW recipe 20 years ago or so. It is so delicious anyone would truly love it.
Top Review by jehfrh
I've been using this recipe for years, but have some changes that I think make it great. Don't use noodles, use spiral pasta, instead of tomato puree I use a good canned or bottled pasta sauce and for the cheese I use mozzarella and also a sprinkle or two of parmesan. If you can't do the ground turkey use extra lean ground beef. Also I add some oregano, basil and garlic powder. Everybody refers to this as lasagna type thing.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces ground turkey, cooked
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces tomato puree
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute first 3 ingredients.
- Add next 6 ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour a little sauce in a 9 X 13 dish and top with the noodles.
- Cover noodles with remaining sauce and top off with the cheese.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When I figured out points for it, it came to 6 points per serving. Double check of course.