Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another recipe I got from a message board I belong to. The person who shared the recipe said it was wonderful. I can't wait to try it.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip (for frosting)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 13x9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Drain the juice from the can of mandarin oranges into a measuring cup.
- Crush the mandarin oranges (blender recommended).
- Put the crushed mandarin oranges in to a large mixing bowl.
- Take the juice from the mandarin oranges that was drained into the measuring cup and fill the cup with water until you have 1 and 1/4 cup.
- Put applesauce, egg whites and whole egg into the mixing bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients then add in dry cake mix and mix with mixer until blended.
- Pour into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let it cool then frost with ff cool whip and store in the fridge.
YUMMY! It does not need the cool whip. You can just eat this cake without any topping. So moist and good. I will be making this one again.
A great lower, calorie without using artificail sugar, dessert. There are only two of us in our family so making any dessert is not good for watching weight. I was having my son and his family over for dinner and I was having card club the following evening so I made this in two 8" round pans and cut each into 6 pieces. Everyone thought this was a great dessert.
Another great WW recipe. This is a good way to satisfy the sweet tooth and not totally destroy the diet.