Recipe by Elaine
Another recipe I got from a message board I belong to. The person who shared the recipe said it was wonderful. I can't wait to try it.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip (for frosting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 13x9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Drain the juice from the can of mandarin oranges into a measuring cup.
- Crush the mandarin oranges (blender recommended).
- Put the crushed mandarin oranges in to a large mixing bowl.
- Take the juice from the mandarin oranges that was drained into the measuring cup and fill the cup with water until you have 1 and 1/4 cup.
- Put applesauce, egg whites and whole egg into the mixing bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients then add in dry cake mix and mix with mixer until blended.
- Pour into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let it cool then frost with ff cool whip and store in the fridge.