Recipe by Princess Lisa
I have found this lower fat (not greasy) version better than the original. I use sesame oil instead of peanut oil.
Top Review by teresas
Delicious! What a great Weight Watchers recipe...hubby and I both loved it...it may not be the gooey sticky stuff...but it really did have the flavor...I downsized the recipe to serve 2 and hubby wanted seconds...so next time I guess I will have to make more...lucky guy can have seconds...this is a keeper...thanks for posting the recipe...made for Spring 2014 PAC
- 3⁄4 cup canned chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 dried chili, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept hot
Directions See How It's Made
- * In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
- * Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- * Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- * Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and sauce and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.