1/3 Photos of Weight Watcher's General Tsao's Chicken
Princess Lisa's Note:
I have found this lower fat (not greasy) version better than the original. I use sesame oil instead of peanut oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup canned chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 dried chili, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept hot
- 1* In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
- 2* Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- 3* Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 4* Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and sauce and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watcher's General Tsao's Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 693.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar