Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Even mashed potato aficionados won’t be able to tell that these creamy, garlicky potatoes have been slimmed down with nonfat sour cream and skim milk. 3 POINTS per serving.
- 8 small uncooked red potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks (es)
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and boil until potatoes are fork tender, about 8 minutes; drain water from saucepan.
- Add sour cream, milk and chives to pan; mix until combined.
- Mash mixture with a potato masher until smooth (or leave some lumps if desired).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
These were yummy and I will make them again. I didn't have chives so I used parsley, I'm sure chives would be even better. Mine ended up needing a bit more milk/sour cream but it also made more than 4 servings of 1/2 cup so maybe my version of 8 small potatoes was off. These worked well for leftovers too. Thanks.
These were good. They don't quite compare to mashed potatoes made with real butter and milk. But, they were tasty for a weight watchers recipe. May tweak it a little bit and add different spices when i make again.
5 Stars from me. I love potatoes, and this is a great WW potato recipe. The flavor is great.