This recipe came from a weight watchers newsletter iT Is worth 5 points per serving
Make and share this Weight Watchers Fresh Strawberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Combine 3 cups sliced strawberries, sugar and juice in a medium saucepan.
- Mash berries in pan with a potato masher; stir in cornstarch and bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until very thick, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly and then stir in remaining sliced strawberries. Scrape into pie crust.
- Let cool slightly; cover loosely with plastic lid from pie crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours (you can then freeze the pie for a little while if desired, to make it easier to slice).
- To serve, in a medium bowl, stir together vanilla yogurt and lemon zest until blended. Spread on top of pie, leaving a border around edges so strawberry filling shows. Slice reserved strawberries and use them to garnish pie. Slice pie into 10 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
Wonderful dessert! I used Splenda instead of sugar so my diabetic, lactose intolerant friend could eat it, too. I had no cranberry juice and didn't feel like buying any for a mere half cup, so I used water with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Everyone enjoyed it - with or without the yogurt topping. Made for My 3 Chefs 2012
Delicious! I made a chocolate graham crust and baked it before adding the filling.