Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
A chutney is like a savory jam; it's a favorite condiment in East Indian cooking. This cranberry version is tart and crisp, great with roast chicken or turkey. Only 1 PointsPlus value per serving.
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and continue simmering, slowly, until thickened and almost jam-like, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Pour into a glass or nonreactive, heat-safe bowl. Refrigerate until chilled and then cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.