Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
I found this recipe in the May/June 2008 issue of Weight Watchers magazine. Points value = 5.
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- Mix the half-and-half and the instant coffee in a medium microwavable bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and let stand about 2 minutes.
- Beat with a whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt whisking until blended.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer, beat the sour cream in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold half the sour cream into the chocolate mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Repeat with the remaining sour cream.
- Divide the mousse into 4 dishes.
- Refrigerate, covered, until thoroughly chilled and set (at least 2 hours) or up to 1 day.
- Serve with the raspberries.
Don't bother, this taste nothing like mousse. How do you beat sour cream until it is light and fluffy? You can't. This recipe tastes very bitter.