Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Weight Watchers Ultimate Flex & Core Cookbook. To save time chopping, you can use 1 cup each of frozen onions and frozen chopped green bell peppers instead of the fresh onion and bell pepper, but I like the fresh. This recipe will serve 4 at 4 points per serving. Each serving is 1 1/2 cups soup and 2 tortilla chips.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 8 large baked corn tortilla chips, coarsely broken up
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, corn and chili seasoning mix; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cilantro or parsley.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Don't let the short cooking time fool you, the soup is packed with flavour! The only substitution I made was the bell pepper, I used red. Also added taco seasoning instead of chili.
Fantastically quick, nutritious and full of flavour.
This was really good and made for a nice quick and easy meal on a busy weeknight. Loved the combination of flavors and will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting this Lainey. Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.
this soup is great, easy quick and tasty. i found these mccormick spice packs, they have 6 different spices in them, premeasured, well the one thats made for garlic lime chicken fajitas works perfectly in this soup, also i used a can of lime cilantro rotel. thanks so much for posting this!!!