Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
A recipe from the Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook. Very easy to make, large portions and only 6 points per serving (makes 6 servings)
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 (15 ounce) canchunky Italian-style tomatoes
- cooking spray (Pam)
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomatoes, and cook until heated through.
- While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings. Each serving is 6 Weight Watcher's points.
- Serve with a salad mixed field greens and a fat-free or low-fat vinaigrette.
I almost always make some modifications to recipes I try, and this was no exception. I wanted to keep the dish healthy, however, so I subbed ground turkey for the ground round, added garlic, italian seasoning, chopped bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and onions. Pre-baking the crust for about 10 minutes prior to adding the toppings helped make the crust a little crispier, which is how we like it. Delicious result, and this is going into my recipe rotation!
I Make this all the time. I add 2 small cans of tomato sauce(basil,oregano & garlic) flavored. Drain the juice from the tomatoes. Pre Cook your pizza crust for 10 minutes by itself, then add meat mixture and cheese and cook an additional 10 to 12 min., till good and brown. The recipe from the cookbook calls for an onion, but I prefer it w/o the onion. Hope these tips help you! Everyone that tries it loves it and wants the recipe. Enjoy! :)
I am really excited about this recipe because it is so easy and good. I used whole wheat pizza dough that I baked for 10 minutes before adding toppings. Then I added cooked hamburger, diced tomatoes mixed with some pizza sauce, italian seasoning, black olives, red onions, light mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. I then baked for about 10 minutes more. It was thick and delicious and so filling. I'm sure I will make again. Thanks for posting!