Recipe by senseicheryl
I found this recipe in the March/April 2008 issue of Weight Watchers magazine. For those following the points plan, it is 6 points for 1 1/4 cup serving; it is also a CORE plan recipe.
Top Review by CookinKristen
I made this for my family and we LOVED it! It was easy to put together and the flavors enhanced each other. (It was on the dry side, but didn't bother me) Even my DH liked it and he isn't a fan spinach :P My Mom was just upset there wasn't more leftovers! This was definitely a keeper!
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat capellini
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the capellini according to package directions, omitting the salt if desired.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- While the water for the pasta is heating up, heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes are softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach in batches, stirring just until each batch is wilted.
- Add the capellini, reserved cooking liquid, cheeses and salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the cheeses are melted.
- Serve at once.