Recipe by Nooney
I just got this recipe in a WW newsletter. It sounds absolutely delicious. I can't wait to try it! Six points per serving.
Top Review by TxGriffLover
This was just ok for me. I'd never had crab salad with ketchup instead of mayo, so wanted to try it out. Also the cantaloupe combination was strange. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 medium scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet red peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, fresh, picked over to remove any shells (you can also substitute shrimp or lobster)
- 2 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mayonnaise, scallions, ketchup, lemon juice, red pepper, onion, parsley, relish, mustard and salt in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth (add a touch of water to obtain a thinner dressing consistency, if desired).
- Put crabmeat in a medium bowl and toss with mayonnaise mixture (add as much or as little as desired).
- Slice a sliver off the bottom of each melon half so it will sit flat on a plate; spoon about 1 cup of crabmeat salad into each half, garnish with chives and serve. Yields half a filled melon per serving.