Recipe by Chef TrishS
I love this recipe. Only 5 WW points. It is low in fat and tastes great. Chicken can be used instead of crab but will be slightly bland and will need to be minced. If you wish to do this add in some sage or garlic.
Top Review by CazMo
This was really bland and a tad too fishy for me. We even bought some "premium" pasta sauce. In hindsight I would have used imitation crab as I don't like the fishy smell/taste of canned crab. I also would have put some salt and garlic in the recipe. The low fat ricotta just needed some help in the flavor department. Additionally, the recipe doesn't indicate to cook the cannelloni! This is something I think should be added in for folks who are new to cooking or don't have a lot of experience. Otherwise you'll have to add a lot more liquid and up the cooking time. I think I will try again but make my own tweaks.
- 500 g fresh crabmeat (or 3 x 170g cans, drained)
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 100 g fresh low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 cannelloni tubes
- 2 cups of bought pasta sauce
- 3⁄4 cup grated low fat mozzarella
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Combine crab, shallots, ricotta, nutmeg, basil and egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon filling into the cannelloni shells. Pour 1/2 cup pasta sauce over the base of a 1.5L (6 cup) capacity oven proof ceramic dish. Arrange cannelloni on top.
- Pour over the remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until pasta is tender and cheese is golden. Serve.