Recipe by MuldersGirl
I got this recipe of off the Weight Watchers website. It is pretty simple to make and my husband likes it better than any store bought mix. I replaced the molasses in the recipe with maple syrup since I didn't have any molasses at the time. These pancakes are a Sunday favorite. Each pancake is 2 Weight Watchers points
Top Review by Sher's Cooking
My daughter and I are dieting, and these were a delicious treat for breakfast. We substituted 1/2 of the flour with whole wheat flour for extra fiber, used Splenda in place of sugar, and reduced calorie syrup instead of molasses. These slight changes reduced the calorie amount and made these a guilt free treat.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next five ingredients in a large bowel, stir with whisk.
- Combine egg and next three ingredients in a bowl.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot nonstick skillet.
- Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.