Recipe by senseicheryl
I received an email this morning from a Weight Watchers leader by the name of Cheri Ann Blessum. There were actually 3 recipes. This is one of them.
Top Review by Lori Ann D
This is a wonderful cornbread. If you like sweet cornbread, however, you may want to add some sugar (I just use honey at the table). It is quite dense and very filling! I serve this with WW Kielbasa-Bean Soup #296150 for an outstanding dinner!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat an 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix well with a fork, then make a well in the center; set aside.
- Combine creamed corn, buttermilk, egg whites and oil in a medium bowl; mix until blended. Fold mixture into dry ingredients; mix until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely before cutting into 8 squares.