1/1 Photo of Weight Watchers Core Mexican Rice
1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe from one of the various Core Weight Watcher boards. It is YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil. Add rice and cook until golden and toasted. Add and lightly saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- 2Put salt, 1/2 cup of tomatoes (undrained) and broth in a blender. Process till smooth.
- 3Add liquid from blender to the rice mixture slowly. You can drain the rest of the tomatoes and add them to the rice at this point if you want extra tomato.
- 4Bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 1 hour. (Or however long brown rice needs to simmer - my package says 1 hour.)
- 5Don't remove the lid during the cooking process.
- 6If you don't have fresh garlic, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder to the blender.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Core Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 889.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g