Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from one of the various Core Weight Watcher boards. It is YUMMY!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice, NOT INSTANT
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- Heat oil. Add rice and cook until golden and toasted. Add and lightly saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Put salt, 1/2 cup of tomatoes (undrained) and broth in a blender. Process till smooth.
- Add liquid from blender to the rice mixture slowly. You can drain the rest of the tomatoes and add them to the rice at this point if you want extra tomato.
- Bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 1 hour. (Or however long brown rice needs to simmer - my package says 1 hour.)
- Don't remove the lid during the cooking process.
- If you don't have fresh garlic, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder to the blender.
Please note that Food.com is not a WW site, and we cannot calculate the points for you; this is something you need to do with the tools that WW provided for you. WW also changes their point system every couple of years, so you'll need to use the current tools.
Loved it! With Rotel offering mild, medium and hot, you can control the heat of your rice. I used my hand immersion blender making it quick and easy. We really, really liked it. Thanks for posting.
This recipe is so good! You would never know it was light. I will definitely make again. Thanks for posting!