Recipe by Lainey39
If you're looking for a decadent chocolate dessert to serve this Valentine's Day, but don't want all the fat and calories, try this one. It has 5 points values per serving.
Top Review by sanguis
This is so wonderful! I was looking for a Weight Watcher's friendly recipe to serve to my meeting-leader mother in place of the usual chocolate decadence that I make. Not only was this lower in fat and calories, but it tasted better, too! We paired it with Lindemans Framboise.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unprepared devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 6 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat an 8-inch-round disposable aluminum pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour. Bend sides of pan to form a heart shape.
- Mix together cake mix, water, egg substitute and 1/3 cup of jam with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; change speed to high and mix for 2 minutes more.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a plate and remove from pan; place right side up on wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water; allow to cool, then stir in remaining jam and half-and-half. Frost cake with chocolate mixture and outline perimeter of cake with raspberries.
- (Note: If chocolate mixture stiffens while frosting cake, microwave for 30 seconds to soften.).