Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From the Weight Watchers Website...came via email today. These cookies are the perfect combination of vanilla and chocolate. If you prefer chewy meringues, make them the day before you plan to eat them.
- Preheat oven to 200ºF.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and coat with a light dusting of flour; shake off excess flour and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form; gently fold in chocolate and vanilla.
- Drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart, making 24 cookies.
- Bake until lightly golden and no longer sticky on the surface, about 1 hour. Turn oven off and let cookies sit in oven for 1 hour. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Yields 2 cookies per serving.
- NOTE: You can make these cookies mini if you prefer. Just use heaping teaspoons of batter; not tablespoons.