Prep 18 mins
Cook 0 mins
Put leftover chicken to excellent use in this tangy, creamy chicken salad. It tastes great served over a bed of baby Asian salad greens or in a lettuce cup. 4 POINTS per serving.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut in half lengthwise on a diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- 4 pieces bibb lettuce
- Whisk mayonnaise, soy sauce and ginger together in a large bowl until blended.
- Add chicken, snow peas, peppers, carrots and scallions; toss to mix and coat. Serve immediately in lettuce cups or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
Hubby loved it! He even ate his lunch allotment. I was hesitant to put the lettuce in it. There was no need to be. Make sure to SHRED the chicken as it distributes the flavor better. This is an excellent recipe. You can add more veggies or leave it be. Next time I am going to peel some cucumbers and dice them in place of the lettuce and see how that works out.
A nice chicken salad to try. For me I quite enjoyed this recipe and will be making this again. Very easy to make before heading off to work.