- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 19 ounces chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion, cook and stir until softened (about 5 min). Add garlic, cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in chickpeas, sage, and pepper.
- Stir in the broth, spinach, and salt; bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree (or transfer to a food processor and puree). Simmer for 5 minutes after pureeing. Stir in lemon juice.