Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is one of the many recipes that I wrote down while attending my Weight Watchers meetings. Very easy to throw together in the morning and have a wonderful meal when you get home from work. The original recipe calls for 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup but I prefer the chicken. Either one can be used interchangeably.
- 1 lb chicken breast, uncooked, frozen, boneless, skinless
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup (feel free to use the cream of mushroom here instead)
- 1 (16 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- Place the frozen chicken in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Mix the other ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour it over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
YAY! My son was going to his father's so we took the chance to eat some mushrooms and this is the one I chose to make. I'm so glad to find a recipe which cooks the chicken from the frozen state. I never can remember to thaw it! I would love to find more of them. I didn't find this originally, because when you search for it, you have to look up chicken breast and I had boneless skinless. Thanks! Made this again tonight, using fat free plain yogurt mixed with 1TBS cornstarch (to replace the sour cream) and put carrots, onions, green peppers, and mushrooms in. Another BIG hit! Served w/ baked potatoes and broc., so no one is vitamin deficient here. :D
Love this recipe!! Not only was it easy to make but tasted great. I'm always forgetting to take chicken out of the freezer so that is another reason this recipe is perfect for me.
This was a great dinner. It was easy and very tasty...you couldn't tell this was WW. I served it over whole wheat pasta with veggies and everyone was full. Thank you for sharing...this one is going in my dinner rotation.