Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick low fat chicken dish
Make and share this Weight Watchers Chicken Stroganoff 3 Points recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon oil, divided
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2-inch strips)
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup onion (sliced)
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In med. skillet, heat 2 tsp oil; add chicken.
- Cover over med.-high heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp oil; add mushrooms and onion. Cook stirring frequently, until all liquids has evaporated and onions are golden brown.
- In small bowl, with wire whisk, combine broth and flour, blending until flour is dissolved; strain and add to skillet. Stirring constantly, bring liquid to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir reserved chicken into broth mixture; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in sour cream, red wine vinegar, mustard, and pepper.
Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2011 and what an easy and delicious meal. I followed the instructions only using rotissire chicken that I had. Definately one to make again and again. Thank you.
This was DELISH! Don't let the Weight Watchers' title in the recipe fool you, it tasted like a decadent "comfort food"! We served it over egg noodles, and divided the Stroganoff into 4 servings (instead of 3). My finicky husband and even more finicky twelve year old daughter loved it! I will DEFINITELY make this again. The only thing I will do differently...I will double the sauce!