Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love chicken salad, but the calories can add up made the "real" way! Here's a great "makeover" I found on the net!
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups california seedless grapes
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 -4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- lettuce leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except lettuce and thyme; mix well.
- Serve chicken salad on lettuce leaves. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
- Servings: 4 to 6.
I made a very similar recipe, so instead of posting that recipe I'm commenting on this one. The recipe I made called for 1 cup of fresh spinach to be added to the mix, which boosts the nutritional value. The mix was still great 2 days after being made.