Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Perfectly simple! From a recent WW meeting; 4 points per serving.
Make and share this Weight Watchers Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup dill pickles or 1⁄3 cup sweet gherkin, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover it; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes; drain. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add celery, pickles, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix until blended. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- For a Waldorf-like chicken salad, stir in 1/3 cup of diced apples and 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts (for a total points value of 5 per serving).
This was VERY easy to make, which I absolutely love. It is a bit salty in taste, however I think next time I am going to skip the salt and pepper, but will be adding grapes and apples to the mix. All in all a decent WW receipe.
Loved it! Bf liked it too. Subbed whipped cream cheese for the sour cream, doubled the pepper, and didn't have any parsely. I did however, serve this on whole wheat buns and topped the chicken with alfalfa sprouts. So summer-y! It's a keeper; thanks for sharing.
Again if you change the recipe DO NOT REVIEW IT ---- Post your own creation so we can tell you what was wrong with it! Jeez. We made it by recipe loved it