Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Easy and OH-so-good! At 8 points, maybe not WW's lowest calorie dish, but definitely among their tastiest!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 35 minutes. Stir in sugar and vinegar; simmer 5 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 chicken breasts to pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken breasts.
- Arrange chicken in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour tomato mixture evenly over chicken, and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
10 PointsPlus Valuie
Very, very good. I have been doing WW for about 3 years so I can speak from experience. I don't know if you based your points value on the new points plus program or not. I did make a few changes: I reduced the amount of chicken to 2 breasts and baked them on a bed of cooked rotini with the (delicious) sauce poured over the top, then added the cheese. Still calculated it as 4 servings. Not counting the pasta, it still worked out to 8 points after I plugged it into the recipe builder on the WW website. My son even took the leftovers for lunch the next day! Thanks so much for sharing, I am always on the lookout for new WW recipes!
I made this tonight for our family dinner and it was wonderful! The only change I made was to add some marinara sauce to the tomato mixture to thicken it a bit. This is a keeper and I look forward to having leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for posting!