Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lower fat version of an Italian favorite! Serve with a side of steamed veggies for a 9 point dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups bottled low-fat marinara sauce
- 4 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked pasta, any type
- Fillet chicken breasts by slicing them in half horizontally.
- Pound the thicker part of each fillet, if desired, to even the thickness of the breast, resulting in more tender chicken.
- Sprinkle both sides of fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, and when hot, spray skillet with fat-free cooking spray.
- Brown fillets by cooking in skillet for 2 minutes per side. You may have to do this in batches.
- Add the marinara sauce to the skillet, cover, and finish chicken in the sauce until cooked through. Stir every couple of minutes.
- Top the chicken with mozzarella cheese, using only 1 oz of cheese per serving of chicken. Cover skillet and cook until cheese is melted.
- Top one cup of pasta with 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and 2 fillets of chicken.
This was great-thank you so much!
I hope that me and sugarpea are not the only two to make this because this is great! I also hope that the 9 points is not turning anyone away because it is worth it!!! For those of you who crave something, chessy, patsa-ey, and chicken-ey, you will love this. i added sauted mushrooms and garlic before i added the cheese at the end. next time i will use garlic salt instead of reg. salt and i will either add some fresh herbs or italian seasoning.! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe! We will be making this again next week. :)
Gilded the lily with a little garlic and some Italian seasonings. I dare you to eat just one ounce of mozzarella.