Recipe by TracyFL
7 Points of Delicious!
Top Review by leigh_morello
I made this tonight and it was awesome!!! I did not use the mustard, instead i used an egg white with a bit of water beaten together. I also seasoned my flour with lots of black pepper, garlic powder and poultry seasoning. I also used Italian style bread crumbs. I baked it with the lightest spray of olive oil in the pan and on top of chicken (on the top rack for premium crispiness) I used 97% fat free virginia ham sliced at the deli counter thin and low sodium reduced fat alpine lace swiss cheese also sliced thin at the deli counter. I used just one slice of each per piece of chicken, which I sliced each breast into two breasts pounded them out thin folded ham in half long way, same with cheese, and rolled it up into a tight pinwheel using about three toothpicks to hold it together. MY HUSBAND RAVED!!! he was very skeptical that this was not on his diet!!!!!!!!!!
- cooking spray (to coat chicken)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (four 4-oz pieces)
- 3 ounces smoked ham (4 deli slices)
- 3 ounces low-fat swiss cheese (4 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, Italian-style
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap. Arrange 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
- Starting from shorter end of chicken, roll up breast into a tight pinwheel. Tuck in ends. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place flour, honey mustard and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Add chicken to flour; turn to coat. Transfer chicken to honey mustard; turn to coat. Place chicken in bread crumbs; turn to coat.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.