This is a Cheese Steak with a twist - lean chicken instead of beef. This recipe calls for reduced-fat American cheese, but you could use any light cheese you would like. The points value is 6 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded and cut into strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 reduced-calorie hot dog buns
- 4 slices 2% singles reduced-fat American cheese (or other brand)
- 1In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Saute onion until browned and very soft, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add chicken and pepper and saute until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about to 5 to 8 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Toast buns; spoon chicken mixture down center of each one.
- 5Place a slice of cheese in each bun and close bun to help cheese melt slightly.
- 6Yields 1 cheese steak per serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Chicken Cheese Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 424.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-calorie hot dog buns
reduced-fat American cheese