Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
Found this recipe on the WW site and found it easy to make with a great taste and only serves two which is perfect for us. Add to that on the WW Point Plus program it's only 5 points and you have a winner IMHO! Even DH who swears he doesn't like anything "lite" enjoyed this one, hope you do too. I didn't have Sherry vinegar so used red wine and it was fine. Serving is 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup sauce per serving.
- 236.59 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2.46 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 0.59 ml peppercorn
- 1 bay leaf
- 283.49 g chicken breasts (2 halves, boneless, skinless)
- 1.23 ml table salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper (freshly ground)
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml capers (drained)
- 4.92 ml butter (softened)
- 4.92 ml all-purpose flour
- Bring broth, vinegar garlic, peppercorns and bay leaf to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup and garlic is very tender, 8-9 minutes.
- Discard peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Puree garlic mixture in a blender.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic mixture and capers; partially cover and cook, turning chicken until heated through, 2-3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile mix butter and flour in a small custard cup to form a paste.
- Stir into sauce until blended and smooth.
- Simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.
I halved the recipe, and it turned out delicious! I did have to add additional chicken broth, because my garlic mixture evaporated immediately when it hit the skillet.....so I grabbed it off the heat and added more broth before the garlic could burn. I also doubled the capers, because I just love them. I rinsed them so they weren't so salty. I didn't have sherry vinegar, so I used half sherry and half white wine vinegar! I suggest you reduce the temp for a while before adding the garlic mixture so you don't lose all your liquid. The chicken breasts turn out very moist, with a very delicious sauce. Thanks for sharing!
Perfect! This chicken turned out to be flavorful and cooked to the perfect doneness. Made as written and used sherry wine (next time will use a tablespoon of sherry). This is a must keep recipe even if you are not on a diet. Thanks for the post.