Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this recipe on the WW site and found it easy to make with a great taste and only serves two which is perfect for us. Add to that on the WW Point Plus program it's only 5 points and you have a winner IMHO! Even DH who swears he doesn't like anything "lite" enjoyed this one, hope you do too. I didn't have Sherry vinegar so used red wine and it was fine. Serving is 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup sauce per serving.
Top Review by breezermom
I halved the recipe, and it turned out delicious! I did have to add additional chicken broth, because my garlic mixture evaporated immediately when it hit the skillet.....so I grabbed it off the heat and added more broth before the garlic could burn. I also doubled the capers, because I just love them. I rinsed them so they weren't so salty. I didn't have sherry vinegar, so I used half sherry and half white wine vinegar! I suggest you reduce the temp for a while before adding the garlic mixture so you don't lose all your liquid. The chicken breasts turn out very moist, with a very delicious sauce. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 ounces chicken breasts (2 halves, boneless, skinless)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon capers (drained)
- 1 teaspoon butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth, vinegar garlic, peppercorns and bay leaf to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup and garlic is very tender, 8-9 minutes.
- Discard peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Puree garlic mixture in a blender.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic mixture and capers; partially cover and cook, turning chicken until heated through, 2-3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile mix butter and flour in a small custard cup to form a paste.
- Stir into sauce until blended and smooth.
- Simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.