1/3 Photos of Weight Watchers Chicken Breasts With Caper Sauce for Two
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this recipe on the WW site and found it easy to make with a great taste and only serves two which is perfect for us. Add to that on the WW Point Plus program it's only 5 points and you have a winner IMHO! Even DH who swears he doesn't like anything "lite" enjoyed this one, hope you do too. I didn't have Sherry vinegar so used red wine and it was fine. Serving is 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup sauce per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 ounces chicken breasts (2 halves, boneless, skinless)
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon capers (drained)
- 1 teaspoon butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1Bring broth, vinegar garlic, peppercorns and bay leaf to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 2Reduce the heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup and garlic is very tender, 8-9 minutes.
- 3Discard peppercorns and bay leaf.
- 4Puree garlic mixture in a blender.
- 5Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 6Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add chicken and cook until browned about 5 minutes on each side.
- 8Add garlic mixture and capers; partially cover and cook, turning chicken until heated through, 2-3 minutes longer.
- 9Meanwhile mix butter and flour in a small custard cup to form a paste.
- 10Stir into sauce until blended and smooth.
- 11Simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Chicken Breasts With Caper Sauce for Two
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 475.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar