Recipe by JayneF
This is a healthy yummy weight wathers recipe adapted from "Everyone loves chicken" each serving is 5 pints and is quite filling. My whole family loves this on or off a diet, kids loves it too. Great leftover as well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 apples, cored, diced, leave the the peel on
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free honey mustard dressing (or honey mustard condiment can be used to shave 1 point off each serving, my kids like the sweeter d)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skilet with cooking spray. On medium heat, add onions and celery cook until they begin to soften about 2 minutes. Add apples and continue to cook until the apples are softened and onions are slightly browned, about 8 minutes. Take off the heat or transfer to a bowl to cool for about 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together ground chicken, egg whites, dill, bread crumbs, sat, pepper, nutmeg, and lemon zest.
- Add apple mixtues and combine well.
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray. Put mixture into loaf pan pressing meat into corners and even out the top. Drizzle honey mustard dressing over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is at 165 degrees. Let cool for 5 minutes begore slicing into six servings,.