6 points. Makes 10 servings.*NOTE: Substitute low-fat cheddar cheese for cheddar cheese and cut to 5 POINTS.}
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup (reduced. fat, reduced sodium )
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon instant onion soup mix (about 1 envelope)
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 5 large green sweet peppers, 8 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
- MELT margarine or butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add celery and cook about 5 minutes or till tender.
- STIR in condensed mushroom soup, water or broth, and onion soup mix. Heat till bubbly.
- Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Stir in rice; remove from heat.
- TO ASSEMBLE, halve peppers length-wise; remove stems, seeds, and membranes.
- Place pepper halves, cut sides up, in a large shallow baking or roasting pan.
- Divide chicken mixture among the pepper halves.
- Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- TO SERVE, bake peppers, loosely covered with foil, in a 350º oven about 55 minutes or till heated through.
- Top with cheese and pimiento.
- Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or till cheese is just melted.
- *NOTE: Substitute low-fat cheddar cheese for cheddar cheese and cut to 5 POINTS.}.