Recipe by Pansori
I went into a panic attack when Applebees took their Weight Watchers Cheesecake off the menu. A few weeks later I picked up the weight watchers cook book, and this tastes EXACTLY like what was at Applebees. Only difference is the strawberry sauce, which I topped with what I like better: blueberries. XD Hubby loves this cheesecake, it's his favorite. And at 128 calories a piece, it's just about guilt free!
- 12 graham crackers, made into crumbs (2 1/2 inch squares)
- 2 cups light cream cheese
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Wrap the outside of a 10 inch springform pan with heavy duty foil; then spray the inside entirely with nonstick spray. Press the graham cracker crumbs over the bottom and partially up the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs 1 at a time beating on low speed until blended. Stir in the lemon zest. Pour the batter into the springform pan and set into a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake until almost completely set, 30-35 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and prop open the door with a wooden spoon; leave the cake in the oven 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack and run a knife around the edge of the pan to release the cake. Cool completely, then refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.