Recipe by xpnsve
Weight Watchers has re-created the perennially popular carrot cake - right down to the delicious cream cheese frosting. 1/12 of the cake is 5 POINTS. From the Weight Watchers cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Prheat the over to 375 degrees; spray a 9-inch bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and ginger.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the apple juice concentrate, egg, milk, oil, and brown sugar; stir in the carrots and raisins.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a rack.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the frosting, in a food processor or blender, combine the cream cheese and honey; blend until smooth.
- Invert the cake onto a serving platter; spread the frosting over the top and sides.