Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Weight Watchers Magazine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 20 ounces skinless tilapia fillets or 20 ounces catfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- lemon wedge
- Mix the flour, seasoning, salt and pepper on a sheet of wax paper. Line a large baking sheet or tray with wax paper.
- Working with one fillet at a time, place it skin side down in the flour mixture to coat one side only; press the top so that the mixture adheres. Shake off the excess and place each fillet, floured side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Discard any remaining flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add fillets, floured side down. Reduce the heat to medium; cover and cook just until the fillets are opaque in the center, about 4-6 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Made this for the Fall Pick a Chef 2012 tag game and what an easy and tasty dish. DH really enjoyed this. I cut the recipe down for the two of us and used skinless tilapia fillets. I did dust both sides with the seasoned flour and fried both sides in the oil instead of one side and covering them (DH likes both sides fried). Definately a keeper. Served this dish with Roasted Baby Potatoes With Herbs#237965 and Broccoli and Cranberry Salad#190492.