2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I LOVE this recipe. Had it for years in one of my WW recipe books but never made it til after a friend served it at a dinner part one night and I've not stopped making it since! This is 16WW points per serving and can be done in the crock pot, on the hob or in the oven. 04-Aug-07. Following one of the reviews I just wanted to note that, while this recipe can be made with chicken breasts (I have done it this way on many occasions also) it does lose a lot of flavour compared with using chicken thighs. And if you're not doing WW or watching your weight at all then you can get even more flavour by using chicken thighs with the skin on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dry fry bacon for approx five minutes until the bacon turns crispy.
- 2Add the chicken thighs and shallots to the pan and cook for five minutes, sealing the chicken on all sides.
- 3Add the mushrooms, stock, wine, bay leaves, tomato puree and seasoning.
- 4Stir well and bring to the boil.
- 5Either simmer for approx 1.5hrs on a low heat if cooking on the hob; cover and bake at approx 150c for 1.5hrs if using the oven, or cook in the crock pot on low for approx 8-10hrs.
- 6Sift the flour into the pan and stir well until the sauce thickens slightly.
- 7Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers (But Doesn't Taste It) Coq Au Vin 16 WW Points
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.9
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 216.8 mg
- Sodium 750.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 58.8 g