Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
This recipe came to me by one of my co-workers today, Nina. It was given to Nina at one of our local Weight Watchers meetings. I hope you all enjoy this. Thanks Nina! :-)
- 3 cups All Bran extra fiber cereal, Kellogg's
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups hot water, as per your taste of the moisture
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tin with Pam for Baking spray.
- Soak the cereal with water until all absorbed.
- Mix the baking powder with the dry brownie mix.
- Add the cereal mixture until well blended.
- Divide batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 23 minutes, until the muffin tops spring back.
These are pretty good. I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix and the All Bran. Since this is a 2008 recipe I expect that the 1 pt value is no longer true under the new programs. I calculated using the Duncan Hines mix and the values on the All Bran box. Under the Points program my ingredients came out to 2 point per muffin (The DH mix was a little bigger than called for and I got 24 muffins) and under the Points Plus calculations it went up to a 3 points per muffin, again if 24 instead of 18 muffins. I didn't make these for myself as much as for the kids, who need a little fiber "snuck" into their snacks. I tossed in a handful of mini-chocolate chips and everyone seems happy enough! They have no idea the All Bran is in there.
These taste so good you cannot believe they are actually Good for you.
This was awesome...I was kind of wondering about the All Bran but you cant even taste it. How better to get your fiber then through a chocolate brownie muffin - Would totally make this again!