Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe came to me by one of my co-workers today, Nina. It was given to Nina at one of our local Weight Watchers meetings. I hope you all enjoy this. Thanks Nina! :-)
Top Review by vikingwp
These are pretty good. I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix and the All Bran. Since this is a 2008 recipe I expect that the 1 pt value is no longer true under the new programs. I calculated using the Duncan Hines mix and the values on the All Bran box. Under the Points program my ingredients came out to 2 point per muffin (The DH mix was a little bigger than called for and I got 24 muffins) and under the Points Plus calculations it went up to a 3 points per muffin, again if 24 instead of 18 muffins. I didn't make these for myself as much as for the kids, who need a little fiber "snuck" into their snacks. I tossed in a handful of mini-chocolate chips and everyone seems happy enough! They have no idea the All Bran is in there.
- 3 cups All Bran extra fiber cereal, Kellogg's
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups hot water, as per your taste of the moisture
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tin with Pam for Baking spray.
- Soak the cereal with water until all absorbed.
- Mix the baking powder with the dry brownie mix.
- Add the cereal mixture until well blended.
- Divide batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 23 minutes, until the muffin tops spring back.