Recipe by xpnsve
Chocolaty brownies topped with crunchy rice cereal are a winning combination. Spice them up by adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, or 1 to 2 teaspoons of powdered coffee, to the batter. 1 piece = 3 POINTS
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, divided into yolks and whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place 2 sheets of nonstick aluminum foil in bottom and up sides of a 9- X 9-inch baking pan (or place regular foil in pan and coat it with cooking spray).
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa together in a medium bowl.
- Cream granulated sugar and cream cheese together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating until fully combined; mix in vanilla. Slowly blend flour mixture with cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks begin to form; fold egg whites into brownie mix and then spread brownie batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine cereal, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl; sprinkle on top of brownies. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake just until center sets, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely and cut into 12 pieces.