Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from someone at my Weight Watchers meeting. I don't know where the original recipe came from. It's very low points and I can eat it every day without getting tired of it.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canrotel brand tomatoes and green chilies
- 10 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- Mix chicken broth, frozen broccoli and tomatoes and chilies together.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Cube Velveeta and put into soup pot.
- Simmer just until cheese is melted.
- This recipe freezes and refrigerates well. I make a large recipe at the beginning of the week and use it to snack on when I'm in danger of breaking my diet. I can have a large bowl and some crusty bread with it and still be under 5 points.
Much too thin for my liking. I added 4oz extra cheese, pureed the broccoli stalks, added 2 tsp of corn starch and about 3 T of potato flakes and it was more what we were looking for.
OK this isnt haute cuisine, but I'm giving this 5 stars for what it is--good tasting , low calorie and reasonably healthy. And very easy to make. What's not to like about that? I read the reviews and added some red pepper flakes for some kick, and added about 2 teaspoons of corn starch to thicken it a bit....but I just added extra broccoli florets for bulk and didnt find it too thin at all. Thanks for the recipe.
Good! Very easy to make, I used frozen California Vegetable Mix instead of all broccoli. Thanks for posting.