Recipe by ChloeBowie
I got this recipe from someone at my Weight Watchers meeting. I don't know where the original recipe came from. It's very low points and I can eat it every day without getting tired of it.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Much too thin for my liking. I added 4oz extra cheese, pureed the broccoli stalks, added 2 tsp of corn starch and about 3 T of potato flakes and it was more what we were looking for.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canrotel brand tomatoes and green chilies
- 10 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- Mix chicken broth, frozen broccoli and tomatoes and chilies together.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Cube Velveeta and put into soup pot.
- Simmer just until cheese is melted.
- This recipe freezes and refrigerates well. I make a large recipe at the beginning of the week and use it to snack on when I'm in danger of breaking my diet. I can have a large bowl and some crusty bread with it and still be under 5 points.